Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Looking Forward


Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NLT)

 (This is Heidi writing this post... as I will probably be writing mosts of the posts here... but maybe the boys will chime in occasionally.) These verses were part of the daily Bible reading suggested for today by our church. I have to admit that my husband read it to me aloud as I was brushing my teeth this morning. Talk about God's timing... well, that hit me at the most perfect moment. My mind had started to wander into The Land of Thinking Everything Will Go Wrong. I am constantly amazed at when and where God really stops me and shows me He is present. I mean, this was definitley His doing, not mine. And His reminders are usually at times when I forget to include Him the most.

Anyway, looking forward... looking without worry... This morning, I dug out the pamphlets we collected from our hotel lobby from the trip Derek and I took to Louisville to explore. These pamphlets are enticing us and making us anxious to explore more when we get to Kentucky. Yeah, it will be winter and the boys will have to start school right away, but isn't some of the most fun in life looking forward to something?

I am a big fan of polar bears and excited that the zoo there has them. Davis is intrigued by Dinosaur World and has a cautious curiosity about the caves. Dawson wants to see the enormous bat in front of the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory. Derek wants to get to know all the golf courses! (I guess, the boys want that, too!)

We will also be so close to other cities that we can learn more about... perhaps on a day trip or simple overnight on the weekend: Cincinnatti, Nashville, Indianapolis... St. Louis even becomes a little closer to us, I think.

And Derek even read in the newspaper this morning that the drive back to Des Moines is only 10 hours... visiting back here won't be impossible, either. So... no more worrying that I will miss things too much. (I will just have to get used to driving that once in a while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment