Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Night and Day, Baby!

Written by Heidi. Have you heard the saying, "What a difference a day can make!" Well, let me tell you, I am feeling that relief this week!

I was in a panic and reacting emotionally, that is for sure. But let me start off telling you just how much I love my boys! I love them bunches!!! God definitely answered some awfully big prayers with my first baby (the baby himself and the timing in my life of that baby's arrival) and amazed me with the second one, too. If you want to get me to cry happy tears ON THE SPOT, just ask me how much I love those little men in my life. (For that matter, the big guy - a.k.a. Hubby - means that much to me, too!)

Well, if you have been in touch with me or reading the ol' blog here, you know how we have have been happy in Kentucky... except thrown off a bit by how the schools work down here. (And can you tell that sometimes I think in a southern accent? Does that come over here on the blog page? Anyway...) Public schools had us traveling WAY too far away for school... then we had to find a good (and rea$sonable) private school. We found that and then had to deal with the culture shock of that fine establishment and it's pace for learning!

The boys and I freaked out a little bit! Lots of homework and catching up on subjects the boys have never had exposure to... well, it was rough waters for the first two weeks! I even started to think about homeschooling. (Which, if you were in on the conversation between me and God the other day about how I probably needed more patience in the mornings as my boys get ready for school, you would realize that homeschooling might not be the favored option in this household... but I was willing to do it!) It was feeling like a night I was ready to be done with.

Then, there was the "next day" (in other words, "this week"). There is a tempo we have not had since school started. (We had QUITE the relaxed tempo after Thanksgiving and the boys were off for a month!) I am all about a regular schedule and not too many bumps in the road, if I can help it. And this week has felt like normal life, as much as life feels normal. The boys have been getting done in the classroom what needs to be done (so, no extra homework). They feel in the swing of their schedule at school. And loving Every-Friday-Papa-Johns-Pizza-Lunch! They are back to being excited as they tell me about their day!

Maybe, just maybe... had I just waited and been PATIENT, I would have not gotten so bent out of shape (didn't use the words "freaked out"... pretty nice, huh?) about this new school and schedule. God led us to this school in amazing ways and I needed to trust Him and I, in effect, didn't. I tried to control the situation instead of giving it up to Him. Which, if you were in on the conversations between God and me all the time about how I need to trust Him more, you would understand that this is something I am working on. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Always be careful what you pray for - God ALWAYS answers our prayers! I've learned this the hard way by praying for patience - He doesn't give me patience; He gives me incredibly trying experiences that make me "be patient!" Glad all turned out well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Toni. I did see it when you posted, but wanted to follow up here with a "thank you" to you for being a wonderfully supportive friend during this time of our move! It has been nice to reconnect and be friends again!

    ReplyDelete